- Published Mar 24th
- Ready In50m
Pam’s Poached Fish Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pam’s Poached Fish Soup for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon butter, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced carrot
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Pam’s Poached Fish Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Pam’s Poached Fish Soup, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Pam’s Poached Fish Soup is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Pam’s Poached Fish Soup within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Pam’s Poached Fish Soup easily:
- 1 Melt butter in a 5- to 6-quart pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, tomatoes, wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Add tilapia, herbs, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, cover pot partially, and simmer until tilapia starts to flake, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Transfer tilapia to a plate and cover to keep warm. Simmer cooking liquid until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Return tilapia to the pot and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use olive oil or vegetable oil instead of butter.
- You need 4 cups liquid. Use chicken broth, vegetable, or water as needed.
- Substitute 1/4 to 1/3 chopped fresh parsley, oregano, and/or basil for the dried Italian herbs, if desired.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 5.1 grams of fat; 9.8 grams of carbohydrates; 25.8 grams of protein; 55 milligrams of cholesterol; 1450 milligrams of sodium.