These crispy savory cakes are a unique and tasty way to enjoy daikon radish. Like an Asian twist on a modified latke recipe. If you like spiciness and the bitter taste of radish, you’ll love this recipe. If not, give it a try anyway, dipped in ketchup, sour cream, miso mayo, jam, or whatever floats your boat.
- 1 ½ cups grated daikon radish
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha®)
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Place the daikon in a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2 Drain daikon. Stir in the garlic, onion, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, paprika, and chili garlic sauce. Mix well. Form into 8, small round patties.
- 3 Pour oil into a large skillet. Heat over medium heat. Fry patties in the hot oil until firm and nicely brown, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Calories 162.1
- Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Fat 10.3 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Sodium 1433.6 mg
- Sugar 2.3 g