This yummy pan-fried polenta topped with fresh bruschetta topping makes great summer treat using fresh tomatoes and herbs!
- cooking spray
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ⅓ cup diced oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Line a pie pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- 2 Bring water to a boil in a pot over high heat. Stir in cornmeal slowly. Add sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and pepper. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until thick, about 10 minutes. Pour into the prepared pan; smooth out evenly. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- 3 Mix tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Chill bruschetta until ready to use.
- 4 Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove polenta from the pie pan and slice into 8 triangles. Brown slices in hot oil until golden, about 6 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels; transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with bruschetta topping on each slice.
- Calories 219.3
- Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Fat 14.4 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Sodium 116.4 mg
- Sugar 2.8 g