- Published Mar 19th
- Ready In1h 45m
The deep, satisfying flavor of beets adds sweetness to a pretty salad of baby spinach, tomato, and avocado, drizzled with a light dressing. This salad has been a huge hit with everyone, even my 8-year-old grandson.
Papa’s Favorite Beet Salad Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Papa’s Favorite Beet Salad for 4 servings:
- 3 beets, washed and trimmed, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or more to taste
- 2 tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) container crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
Papa’s Favorite Beet Salad Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 45m
To cook Papa’s Favorite Beet Salad, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Papa’s Favorite Beet Salad is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Papa’s Favorite Beet Salad within 1 hour 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Papa’s Favorite Beet Salad easily:
- 1 Place beets into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Drain and cool until beets can be easily handled. Peel beets, cut into cubes, and place in a bowl; refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes.
- 2 Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic salt together in a large bowl until smooth. Add beets, tomatoes, onion, avocado, and feta cheese; toss. Top salad with spinach and toss.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 20.6 grams of fat; 19.4 grams of carbohydrates; 8.4 grams of protein; 25 milligrams of cholesterol; 592 milligrams of sodium.