I was playing around in the kitchen and this is what I came up with, so I decided to share it with you. These nuggets go well with a sweet chili sauce. Enjoy!
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- oil for frying
- 1 Combine panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a food processor; blend until finely crushed. Put panko mixture in a bowl.
- 2 Whisk eggs and milk in a separate bowl to make an egg wash. Place flour in a bowl.
- 3 Coat chicken pieces in flour; dip them into egg wash. Press into panko mixture to coat, shaking off excess.
- 4 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry chicken in batches, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 3 to 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Calories 396
- Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Fat 21.2 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Sodium 617 mg
- Sugar 0.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.