Published Jun 8th
Prep 40m Cook 13m Additional - Ready In 53m
Servings 10 servings Calories 688.1
This pasta dish is velvety and creamy, unlike any Alfredo. It is an excellent base for a plethora of add-ons like shrimp, grilled chicken, lobster, et al. Easy to make and oh-so impressive a dish. Garnish with a lemon wheel and a sprig of cilantro.
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces soft fontina cheese
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground dried sage, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 cooked and shredded South African lobster tails
- 1 Shred fontina cheese in a food processor.
- 2 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook fettuccine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- 3 Stir butter into the pasta until thoroughly coated. Add fontina cheese 1 handful at a time, allowing it to melt between handfuls. Stir in heavy cream gradually until desired creaminess is achieved. Season with salt, pepper, sage, and cayenne pepper. Top pasta with lobster.
- Calories 688.1
- Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Cholesterol 182.8 mg
- Fat 51.2 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Sodium 627.1 mg
- Sugar 2.3 g