- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In45m
Cold or warm and simple pasta ‘salad’. A recurrent dish in Italy during the warm/hot seasons. Best served with a light, dry white wine. Serve lukewarm or cold. The more it is allowed to sit, the more the flavors attach to the other ingredients.
Pasta Fredda Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pasta Fredda for 4 servings:
- 1 (8 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 7 ounces bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella cheese)
- 3/4 cup black olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
Pasta Fredda Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Pasta Fredda, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Pasta Fredda is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Pasta Fredda within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Pasta Fredda easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain and cool to room temperature.
- 2 Combine tomatoes, bocconcini, olives, olive oil, basil, and oregano in a large bowl; toss to evenly coat. Add pasta to tomato mixture and toss.
- Cook's Note:
- Any variety of pasta corta (short pasta), such as fusilli or penne can be used on place of the farfalle.
Per Serving: 451 calories; 21.8 grams of fat; 47.6 grams of carbohydrates; 17.3 grams of protein; 39 milligrams of cholesterol; 314 milligrams of sodium.