Colorful, crisp-tender veggies are tossed with linguine pasta and a creamy lemon-caper sauce and served with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- ¼ cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 large red or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini, quartered lengthwise, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces cooked linguine pasta, kept warm
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Crosse & Blackwell® Capers, drained
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Cook over medium-low heat 7 minutes or until soft. Add asparagus, yellow squash, salt and pepper. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2 Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and garlic until blended. Gradually stir in chicken broth until smooth. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and capers.
- 3 Combine pasta, vegetable and sauce mixtures in pasta pot. Add parsley; stir until blended. Sprinkle individual servings with cheese.
- Calories 594.2
- Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Fat 32.3 g
- Fiber 7.8 g
- Protein 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Sodium 1306.6 mg
- Sugar 3.4 g