- Published Jul 18th
- Ready In30m
Pasta with Asparagus Pesto Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pasta with Asparagus Pesto for 4 servings:
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup packed fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 (16 ounce) package orecchiette pasta
Pasta with Asparagus Pesto Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Pasta with Asparagus Pesto, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Pasta with Asparagus Pesto is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Pasta with Asparagus Pesto within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Pasta with Asparagus Pesto easily:
- 1 Heat a skillet over medium-high heat; add pine nuts. Cook and stir pine nuts until fragrant and toasted, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Pour enough water into a skillet to reach a 1-inch depth; bring to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove asparagus from skillet, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Set aside 1/2 cup asparagus tips.
- 3 Blend remaining asparagus, pine nuts, reserved 1/2 cup cooking water, 1/2 cup basil, olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper in a blender until smooth, keeping the center piece of lid removed to release steam. Add Pecorino-Romano cheese; blend until smooth.
- 4 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orecchiette pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain and return pasta to pot.
- 5 Slice the remaining 1/4 cup basil. Add sliced basil, asparagus sauce, reserved asparagus tips to pasta; toss to evenly mix. Garnish with extra Pecorino-Romano cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- If using thin asparagus, cut each stalk crosswise in half. If using medium asparagus, cut stalks into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Per Serving: 581 calories; 17.9 grams of fat; 89.8 grams of carbohydrates; 19.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 587 milligrams of sodium.