I fell in love with these Cuban Pastries while on vacation in Miami. I was so excited when I figured out how to duplicate them when I got home. For optimum quality, enjoy these pastries shortly after cooling, or on the same day they’re baked.
- 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can canned grated coconut in syrup
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Roll out each sheet of pastry dough slightly, just to thin it. Cut each sheet into 12 squares, and place half the squares on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least half an inch between each square.
- 3 Place a spoonful of coconut in the center of each pastry square, then top with a second pastry square. Pinch the dough on two sides to seal in the coconut filling.
- 4 Bake pastries in preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Calories 333.9
- Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Fat 18.8 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Sodium 107.5 mg
- Sugar 21.1 g