- Published Aug 15th
- Ready In1h
Pastry Cream for Pies Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pastry Cream for Pies for 8 servings:
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Pastry Cream for Pies Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Pastry Cream for Pies, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Pastry Cream for Pies is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Pastry Cream for Pies within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Pastry Cream for Pies easily:
- 1 In a small saucepan, Heat milk to boiling point and remove from the heat.
- 2 In a heatproof mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until smooth. Gradually add the granulated sugar and continue beating until pale yellow. Beat in the flour.
- 3 Pour the hot milk into the egg yolk mixture in a steady stream, beating constantly. When all the milk has been added, place the bowl over (not in) a pan of boiling water, or pour the mixture into the top of a double boiler. Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cook 2 minutes more, then remove from the heat. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 3.7 grams of fat; 17.3 grams of carbohydrates; 2.4 grams of protein; 83 milligrams of cholesterol; 26 milligrams of sodium.