- Published Oct 9th
- Ready In31m
Pear Butter Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pear Butter for 32 servings:
- 4 pounds medium pears, quartered and cored
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
Pear Butter Cooking Instructions
- Ready In31m
To cook Pear Butter, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Pear Butter is about 1 minute , and you can serve your Pear Butter within 31 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Pear Butter easily:
- 1 Place pears into a large pot over medium heat, and add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pot and keep them from sticking, about 1/2 cup. Cook until the pears are soft, about 30 minutes. Press pears through a sieve or food mill, and measure out 2 quarts of the pulp.
- 2 Pour the pear pulp and sugar into a large saucepan and stir to dissolve sugar. Stir in the orange zest, nutmeg and orange juice. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is thick enough to mound in a spoon. When the mixture begins to thicken, stir frequently to prevent scorching on the bottom. This will take about 1 hour.
- 3 Ladle the pear butter into hot sterile jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace. Remove air bubbles by sliding a metal spatula around where the pear butter touches the glass. Wipe jar rims clean, and seal with lids and rings. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. The water should cover the jars by 1 inch. Check with your local extension for exact processing times for your area.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 82 calories; 0.1 grams of fat; 21.5 grams of carbohydrates; 0.2 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 0 milligram of sodium.