Delight your family with this elegant and delicious dessert.
- 4 pears, peeled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon coffee flavored liqueur
- 4 maraschino cherries, garnish
- 1 Leave stems on peeled pears. Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Set aside.
- 2 In a saucepan large enough to accommodate 4 pears standing upright, combine water and sugar. Place over medium heat, and boil until sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla, then place the pears in. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool in liquid, then drain.
- 3 In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate, cream and butter. Heat, stirring, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in coffee liqueur.
- 4 Place pears on serving dish, pour chocolate sauce over pears, and garnish with maraschino cherries.
- Calories 425.3
- Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Cholesterol 19 mg
- Fat 15.3 g
- Fiber 8 g
- Protein 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Sodium 27.2 mg
- Sugar 55.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.