Pecans, brown sugar and butter makes for a chewy soft treat good anytime of the year.
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan, or for thinner bars, use a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- 2 Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 3 Stir the eggs and vanilla into the brown sugar and butter. Mix in the chopped pecans, and then the flour. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- 4 Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
- Calories 323.6
- Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Fat 17.2 g
- Fiber 1.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Sodium 255.8 mg
- Sugar 27.5 g