A decadent breakfast treat for a special morning or a sweet dessert combines French bread with eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and plenty of pecans for a baked bread pudding they’ll love.
- 1 (6 ounce) mini loaf French bread, cubed
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¾ cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (1/4 cup) scoop Vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavored Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Whipped topping
- 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread bread cubes in single layer on 15x10-inch baking pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until cubes are toasted. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- 2 Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Blend in sweetened condensed milk, dark corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir in toasted bread cubes and 1 cup pecans until evenly moistened. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Allow to stand 30 minutes.
- 3 Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or cooled with ice cream, syrup, caramel syrup or whipped topping, as desired.
- Calories 661.8
- Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Cholesterol 168.3 mg
- Fat 32.1 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Sodium 357 mg
- Sugar 35.9 g