- Published May 7th
- Ready In35m
Penne with Chicken and Asparagus Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Penne with Chicken and Asparagus for 8 servings:
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch slender asparagus spears, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Penne with Chicken and Asparagus Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Penne with Chicken and Asparagus, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Penne with Chicken and Asparagus is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Penne with Chicken and Asparagus within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Penne with Chicken and Asparagus easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- 2 Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
- 3 Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
- 4 Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 10.9 grams of fat; 43.3 grams of carbohydrates; 16.7 grams of protein; 20 milligrams of cholesterol; 69 milligrams of sodium.