Peppermint popcorn balls are a base recipe of marshmallow popcorn balls with the added flavor of peppermint extract and candy canes. The popcorn balls retain somewhat of a soft texture and have a sweet, peppermint taste. You can also pop the popcorn on the stovetop if you prefer.
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package large marshmallows
- 12 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 Pop popcorn in an air popper according to manufacturer's directions; transfer to a bowl and remove any unpopped kernels.
- 2 Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a work surface and spray with cooking spray.
- 3 Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir constantly until mixture is smooth; remove from heat. Quickly stir candy canes and peppermint extract into butter mixture until well blended. Pour mixture over popcorn and mix until evenly coated. Allow popcorn mixture to cool.
- 4 Spray your hands with cooking spray and form popcorn mixture into balls; arrange on the prepared aluminum foil. Wrap each ball with plastic wrap when completely cooled.
- Calories 235.6
- Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Fat 3.5 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Sodium 54.4 mg
- Sugar 31.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.