This is how my mother-in-law was taught by her Persian mother-in-law to make kabob. We always grill onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes to go along with our meal. This is wonderful served with Persian rice and a cucumber salad.
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin, cut into large cubes
- 1 In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, onion, and mint. Place the beef cubes in the mixture. Cover, and marinate at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- 2 Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- 3 Place the marinated beef cubes on skewers, and grill, turning occasionally, 15 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- Calories 262.6
- Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 83 mg
- Fat 14.4 g
- Fiber 0.3 g
- Protein 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Sodium 83.8 mg
- Sugar 3.4 g