Potatoes are cooked at the bottom of the rice in this traditional Persian rice dish.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 potato, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 Rinse and drain rice 2 times.
- 2 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add rice and salt; cook for 6 minutes. Drain in a colander. Rinse rice and drain again.
- 3 Put oil in the bottom of the pot and place potato slices in a single layer over top. Pour cooked rice on top of potato slices, cover, and cook over low heat until rice and potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4 Invert carefully onto a serving plate so sliced potatoes are on top of rice.
- Calories 287.9
- Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Fat 5.3 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Sodium 389.7 mg
- Sugar 0.4 g