Delicious, moist and flavorful. I prefer using homemade pesto, but store-bought will do if necessary. This is sure to become a family favorite! Serve with lemon wedges. This recipe was made in a Panasonic CIO.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 red onion chunks
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Combine chicken pieces, pesto, and lemon juice in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag; seal bag and toss to coat evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- 2 Thread chicken, tomatoes, and onion alternately onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Preheat Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven to Medium-High on the "Grill" setting.
- 4 Place the skewers into the grill pan and set the timer for 3 minutes.
- 5 Turn skewers and cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- 6 Allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Calories 539.2
- Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Fat 31.5 g
- Fiber 6.2 g
- Protein 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Sodium 584.8 mg
- Sugar 9.8 g