- Published Aug 13th
- Ready In1h 30m
Scrumptious lasagna with basil pesto, spinach and plenty of bubbly cheese.
Pesto Lasagna Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pesto Lasagna for 8 servings:
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 7 ounces basil pesto
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 9 ounces Alfredo-style pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pesto Lasagna Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 30m
To cook Pesto Lasagna, you need about 35 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Pesto Lasagna is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Pesto Lasagna within 1 hour 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Pesto Lasagna easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 3 In large skillet over medium heat, saute onion in the olive oil until tender. Add spinach and stir. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto. In a large bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 4 In a 3 quart greased baking dish, layer the noodles then the spinach mixture, followed by the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Repeat the layers ending with noodles on top. Spread the Alfredo sauce over the top and sprinkle with parmesan.
- 5 Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 712 calories; 40.4 grams of fat; 53.7 grams of carbohydrates; 36.6 grams of protein; 98 milligrams of cholesterol; 1071 milligrams of sodium.