Easy and delicious pasta with chicken. Serve with crusty bread and salad for a quick dinner. Use as much or as little pesto sauce as you like. Using homemade pesto will taste even better, but it adds to prep time. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- ⅓ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until tender, then stir in chicken. Season with red pepper flakes. Cook until chicken is golden, and cooked through.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto. Toss to coat evenly.
- Calories 328
- Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Fat 10.1 g
- Fiber 2.7 g
- Protein 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Sodium 153.5 mg
- Sugar 1.9 g