This is a vegetable dish from the Philippines that can be served as an everyday dish or when you have company. Since it also contains pork and prawns, you can eat it as a one-pot meal.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound pork loin, chopped
- ½ pound peeled and deveined prawns
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ pound zucchini, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ pound fresh okra, ends trimmed
- ¼ pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- ¼ pound eggplant, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small bitter melon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pork and cook until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir the shrimp into the mixture; season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato to the pot, cover, and let cook 5 minutes. Stir the zucchini, okra, green beans, eggplant, and bitter melon into the mixture; cover, and cook until the vegetables are all soft to the touch, about 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
- Calories 183.6
- Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Fat 10.3 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Protein 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Sodium 110.6 mg
- Sugar 3.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.