- Published Jun 23rd
Pineapple Sponge Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pineapple Sponge Cake for 14 servings:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 12 maraschino cherries
Pineapple Sponge Cake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Pineapple Sponge Cake easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2 Sift the cake flour and baking powder together.
- 3 Separate the eggs, put the egg yolks into a large bowl and the egg whites into a small bowl. With an electric mixer beat the egg yolks until thick and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Add the lemon juice and pineapple juice. Add the sifted cake flour mixture gradually while continually beating. Beat only until just blended (about 1 1/2 minutes).
- 4 With an electric mixer beat the egg whites with the salt until moist peaks form (about 1 minute). Gradually beat in 3/4 cup of the white sugar (about 50 seconds).
- 5 Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter and mix only until blended. Pour batter into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan. With a knife or spatula gently cut through batter going round in a circular motion six times to release any air bubbles.
- 6 Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for about 1 hour or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Invert pan on rack to cool. Once cake is cool loosen sides with a spatula and remove from pan. Frost cake with whipped cream and garnish with wedges of pineapple and maraschino cherries.
Per Serving: 220 calories; 4.2 grams of fat; 42.1 grams of carbohydrates; 4.5 grams of protein; 86 milligrams of cholesterol; 160 milligrams of sodium.