Certain flavors have always meant to be together, like jalapenos and cream cheese. Or bacon and…well, almost anything. Pistachios, however, get forgotten too often! They are a contradiction in your mouth: creamy, smooth nutty flavor with a crunchy texture. At some point it occurred to me to try adding pistachios to stuffed jalapenos, and these delicious beauties were the result. I made two different versions since I’m lactose intolerant and my husband hates goat cheese. Both are delish!
- 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons meatless bacon and onion seasoning (such as Tastefully Simple® Bacon Bacon®)
- 8 jalapeno chile peppers, halved and seeded
- 16 slices packaged precooked bacon
- 16 toothpicks
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- 2 Combine Neufchatel cheese, pistachio nuts, Cheddar cheese, and bacon seasoning in a bowl. Spoon cheese mixture into each jalapeno pepper half. Wrap each stuffed pepper with a bacon slice, securing with a toothpick. Arrange peppers on the prepared baking sheet.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crisp, about 30 minutes. Cool peppers for a few minutes before serving.
- Calories 92
- Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Fat 7.6 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Sodium 110 mg
- Sugar 1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.