They’re portable, sort of like a mini pizza, except shaped like a cupcake. They’re a great savory snack and a great addition to a game day buffet. Feel free to customize to your family’s tastes with additions like ham, sausage, bell peppers, salami, mushrooms, olives, jalapenos, etc. I recommend not omitting the tomato, that really adds something special.
- cooking spray
- 8 medium cherry tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 8 teaspoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pizza sauce (such as Classico®)
- 8 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices pepperoni, quartered
- Italian seasoning to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray 8 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2 Finely chop cherry tomatoes and drain any liquid. Set aside.
- 3 Unroll pizza crust on a floured work surface and roll out thinly into a large rectangle. Using a 4-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut 8 circles in the dough. Place dough circles in the prepared muffin cups, pressing dough into the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
- 4 Drop 1 teaspoon mozzarella into each cup. Top with 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce. Add chopped tomatoes and red onions. Add 1 tablespoon of mozzarella to each cup, and top with pepperoni. Sprinkle each cup with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt to taste.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbling and melted, 14 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the tin for about 5 minutes. Remove from the tin and serve hot.
- Calories 148.5
- Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Fat 3.8 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Sodium 434.6 mg
- Sugar 2.8 g