This meatless, taco-flavored soup is loaded with bean protein and robust flavor from the combination of spices and fire-roasted tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika, or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers, celery, carrots, jalapeno peppers, and garlic; cook until veggies soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2 Add diced tomatoes; stir well and cook for 3 minutes. Add vegetable broth, black and pinto beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt; stir until well combined. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Calories 291.6
- Carbohydrate 48 g
- Fat 6.1 g
- Fiber 16.3 g
- Protein 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Sodium 1568.2 mg
- Sugar 5.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.