- Published Jul 24th
- Ready In1h
Plum Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Plum Cake for 8 servings:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups plums, pitted and quartered
Plum Cake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Plum Cake, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Plum Cake is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Plum Cake within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Plum Cake easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9-inch tube pan.
- 2 Separate the eggs. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, and set aside.
- 3 In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg yolks and the lemon zest.
- 4 Stir together the flour and baking powder and then blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Gently fold in the egg whites. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. There will only be a little over an inch of batter. Arrange the plums, skin side down, attractively over the batter.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 13.6 grams of fat; 27.6 grams of carbohydrates; 4.3 grams of protein; 100 milligrams of cholesterol; 139 milligrams of sodium.