- Published Feb 9th
- Ready In1h 55m
Poached Pears with Wine Vinaigrette Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Poached Pears with Wine Vinaigrette for 4 servings:
- 6 medium Bosc pears, peeled with stems intact
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 2 whole star anise pods
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Poached Pears with Wine Vinaigrette Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 55m
To cook Poached Pears with Wine Vinaigrette, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Poached Pears with Wine Vinaigrette is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Poached Pears with Wine Vinaigrette within 1 hour 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Poached Pears with Wine Vinaigrette easily:
- 1 Trim flat the bottoms of pears, and stand them upright in the bottom of a large stock pot. Pour the wine and water into the pot, and turn the flame to high heat. Sprinkle with sugar, and add vanilla bean, star anise, cinnamon stick, and lemon and orange peels. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pot from stove, and let cool completely. Reserve 1/4 cup poaching liquid. Transfer pears to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- 2 Place 2 poached pears in a blender or food processor, and puree. Remove to a large bowl. Whisk in walnut oil, red wine vinegar, and reserved poaching liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and refrigerate.
- 3 Place pears in individual bowls, and top with sauce.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 14 grams of fat; 50.6 grams of carbohydrates; 1.2 gram of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 48 milligrams of sodium.