A so-simple homemade vinaigrette with crunchy almonds and pomegranate arils will have even the veggie-haters reaching for seconds. This Allrecipes Magazine recipe is based on Jamie’s Cranberry Spinach Salad.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 ½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- ⅓ teaspoon paprika
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add almonds; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted.
- 2 Whisk oil, sugar, vinegars, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion, and paprika together in a bowl for the dressing.
- 3 Toss spinach, toasted almonds, and pomegranate arils together in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Calories 102.4
- Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Fat 8.5 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Sodium 26 mg
- Sugar 3.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.