- Published Aug 31st
- Ready In1h
Pork Tenderloin with Apples Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pork Tenderloin with Apples for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin, cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Riesling wine
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
Pork Tenderloin with Apples Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Pork Tenderloin with Apples, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Pork Tenderloin with Apples is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Pork Tenderloin with Apples within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Pork Tenderloin with Apples easily:
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork tenderloin halves with salt and pepper to taste, then cook in the hot oil until evenly browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center, turning occasionally, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Place the pork onto a plate, cover with two layers of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes.
- 2 While the pork is resting, pour the wine into the pan; bring to a simmer while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 2 minutes, then add the apples, chicken stock, vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and nutmeg. Cook and stir until the apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture into the simmering sauce to thicken. Cook and stir 1 minute more until the sauce thickens and is no longer cloudy.
- 3 Slice the pork tenderloin into 1/4 inch thick slices, and arrange on a serving platter. Pour the apple sauce over meat to serve.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 6.3 grams of fat; 13.2 grams of carbohydrates; 17.9 grams of protein; 49 milligrams of cholesterol; 128 milligrams of sodium.