An unbelievably simple, yet flavorful dish! Serve with rice, a green salad and a nice glass of red wine. It’s low in fat, too!
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup beer
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced canned peaches, drained
- ½ (15 ounce) can black beans; drain and reserve liquid
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Season cubed pork with salt and pepper to taste. Place meat in a large plastic bag with the cornmeal. Shake well to coat the meat.
- 2 Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place the coated meat in the skillet and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium.
- 3 Pour in the beer, salsa, peaches and beans with 2 tablespoons reserved liquid. Stir well and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.
- Calories 316.5
- Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Fat 7.8 g
- Fiber 6.4 g
- Protein 29 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Sodium 657.2 mg
- Sugar 12.9 g