Marinated portabella mushrooms with red pepper mayo. Serve with tomato, onion, and lettuce or your choice of toppings and enjoy.
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped, or more to taste
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 Place mushrooms into a large resealable plastic bag; add soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Seal bag and shake to combine ingredients; marinate mushrooms at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2 Preheat grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 3 Place red bell pepper onto the grate and grill until the skin is blistered and charred, turning often, about 10 minutes. Transfer pepper to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let pepper cool. When pepper is cool enough to handle, remove and discard skin, stem and seed the pepper, and chop.
- 4 Mix pepper into mayonnaise in a bowl and stir in cayenne pepper. Chill red pepper mayonnaise until serving time.
- 5 Grill marinated mushroom caps until browned and juicy, about 6 minutes per side. Serve mushrooms on buns, topped with red pepper mayonnaise.
- Calories 375.3
- Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 21 mg
- Fat 22.5 g
- Fiber 2.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Sodium 2458.7 mg
- Sugar 9.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.