- Published Jul 13th
- Ready In50m
Portobello Mushroom Lentil Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Portobello Mushroom Lentil Soup for 8 servings:
- 2 cups chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons dried basil, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- grated Parmesan cheese
Portobello Mushroom Lentil Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Portobello Mushroom Lentil Soup, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Portobello Mushroom Lentil Soup is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Portobello Mushroom Lentil Soup within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Portobello Mushroom Lentil Soup easily:
- 1 Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic, and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth, and stir in the tomato paste. Bring to a boil, and add the lentils. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes. Season with basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- 2 Ladle into bowls, and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of sherry and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to taste.
Per Serving: 198 calories; 3.2 grams of fat; 30.7 grams of carbohydrates; 12.5 grams of protein; 3 milligrams of cholesterol; 302 milligrams of sodium.