- Published Aug 17th
- Ready In2h 30m
Pot Roast in Beer Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pot Roast in Beer for 6 servings:
- 2 pounds top round steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole cloves
Pot Roast in Beer Cooking Instructions
- Cook2h 15m
- Ready In2h 30m
To cook Pot Roast in Beer, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Pot Roast in Beer is about 2 hours 15 minutes , and you can serve your Pot Roast in Beer within 2 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Pot Roast in Beer easily:
- 1 Heat a roasting pan over high heat, and coat bottom with oil. Sear meat on all sides. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- 2 Reduce heat to low, saute onion, celery and garlic, scraping up browned bits. Cover, and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- 3 Mix in cream of mushroom soup and beer. Wrap bay leaves and cloves in cheesecloth, tie with string, and add to pan. Place roast on top of vegetables, spooning some sauce over meat. Cover with foil, and place lid over foil to seal well. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- 4 Remove meat from pan, and slice. Return to the pan, and spoon sauce over. Cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 387 calories; 21.8 grams of fat; 8 grams of carbohydrates; 33.9 grams of protein; 92 milligrams of cholesterol; 418 milligrams of sodium.