These fried chicken filled dumplings taste just like they are from a Chinese restaurant.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- boiling water
- 4 ounces ground chicken
- 4 water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup oil for frying
- 1 Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the center and fill with vegetable oil and approximately 4 tablespoons boiling water. With a wooden spoon, stir until smooth, adding more boiling water as necessary. Knead about 5 minutes, until elastic. Cover and allow to sit 30 minutes.
- 2 Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 6 inch circle.
- 3 In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, cook ground chicken breast until evenly brown.
- 4 Drain chicken and place in a medium bowl with water chestnuts, green onions, Chinese five-spice powder, reduced-sodium soy sauce, white sugar and sesame oil. Thoroughly mix.
- 5 Heat oil in a large skillet. Place approximately 1 tablespoon chicken mixture in the center of each dough circle. Fold over mixture and press edges together to seal. In small batches, cook in the hot oil until bottoms are golden brown. Place approximately 1/3 cup water in the pan. Cover and continue cooking approximately 5 minutes, until surfaces of the dumplings are well steamed. Serve immediately.
- Calories 115.3
- Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Fat 5.2 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Sodium 147.3 mg
- Sugar 0.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.