This is no beginner’s potato salad. Mustard greens are spicy, slightly bitter, and not at all subtle.
- 2 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (Thai chile paste) or plain hot sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped cornichons
- 1 cup washed and cut mustard greens
- 1 Boil potatoes and garlic in a large pot of salted water until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool to room temperature. Discard the garlic.
- 2 Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, and sambal oelek together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 Roughly chop cooled potatoes into a large bowl. Add cornichons, mustard greens, and mayonnaise mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories 370.3
- Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Cholesterol 7 mg
- Fat 23.8 g
- Fiber 3.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Sodium 279.7 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g