This rustic egg pie was invented for late summer’s vegetable bounty.
- 6 slices bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped hot and sweet peppers
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 ½ cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Place bacon and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until bacon is nearly crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain excess grease from the pan. Season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes; stir to combine.
- 2 Return pan to medium heat, add potatoes and stir until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Pour in eggs and slowly stir to form large, soft curds, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle feta cheese over the top and stir gently to incorporate.
- 3 Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- 4 Place pan under the preheated broiler and cook until the top is set and feta cheese is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Calories 434
- Carbohydrate 20 g
- Cholesterol 585.7 mg
- Fat 27.3 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Sodium 692.5 mg
- Sugar 5.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.