- Published Aug 13th
A delicious way to use leftover mashed potatoes The recipe can be doubled, halved, or varied in other ways to suit the quantity of leftovers or your personal preference. These can be served with ketchup or any other dipping sauce.
Potato Bread Rolls Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Potato Bread Rolls for 4 servings:
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 slices white bread
Potato Bread Rolls Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Potato Bread Rolls easily:
- 1 Heat one tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chopped onions, and saute until they are softened.
- 2 Mix the turmeric and chili powder into the frying pan and remove the pan from the heat. Stir the mashed potatoes and cilantro into the frying pan; stir to mix well.
- 3 Sprinkle a few drops of water onto each slice of bread. Flatten the bread gently. Spoon 1/4 of the potato mixture onto the slice of bread. Roll the bread into a cylinder. Seal the edges together by pinching the ends with your fingers, use more water if it is necessary to keep the bread sealed. Do the same with the remaining 3 slices of bread.
- 4 Pour the three tablespoons of oil into a large frying pan or wok. Heat the oil to a high heat. Place the bread rolls into the hot oil and fry until crispy.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 14.9 grams of fat; 23 grams of carbohydrates; 3.1 grams of protein; 1 milligram of cholesterol; 331 milligrams of sodium.