- Published Sep 2nd
- Ready In1h 2m
Potato, Leek, Carrot and Turmeric Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Potato, Leek, Carrot and Turmeric Soup for 4 servings:
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (2 inch) piece ginger root, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 2 stalks celery, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
Potato, Leek, Carrot and Turmeric Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 2m
To cook Potato, Leek, Carrot and Turmeric Soup, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Potato, Leek, Carrot and Turmeric Soup is about 31 minutes , and you can serve your Potato, Leek, Carrot and Turmeric Soup within 1 hour 2 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Potato, Leek, Carrot and Turmeric Soup easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles; cook, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cool tap water until cooled, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2 Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in leeks and cook until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add carrots and celery; cook and stir, about 2 minutes. Add potatoes; cook and stir, about 2 minutes.
- 3 Cover skillet and cook until vegetables release some moisture, about 5 minutes. Stir in turmeric, white pepper, and salt. Pour in water and bring soup to a boil.
- 4 Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a separate pot. Remove from heat and pour in soup. Stir in egg noodles. Return to heat and simmer until flavors combine, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute chicken broth for the vegetable broth if desired.
Per Serving: 388 calories; 12.6 grams of fat; 59.8 grams of carbohydrates; 9.6 grams of protein; 35 milligrams of cholesterol; 587 milligrams of sodium.