This classic potato leek soup is hearty, easy to make, and full of flavor. Made with Yukon potatoes for a creamier texture. Serve with crusty bread and salad to create a perfect meal that your family and friends will love.
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add potatoes, leeks, and celery; cook and stir until leeks are tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2 Stir in broth, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3 Transfer 4 cups soup into a blender. Remove the top insert of the blender and cover with a paper towel; puree until smooth. Add puree back to the Dutch oven.
- 4 Stir in heavy cream and cook over medium-low until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 more minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish with crumbled bacon.
- Calories 430.7
- Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 84.5 mg
- Fat 31.8 g
- Fiber 5.7 g
- Protein 9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Sodium 1436.6 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.