Healthier take on pound cake; indulge with no regrets!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅓ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons milk, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter and flour an 8x5-inch loaf pan.
- 2 Sift 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour, cornstarch, and baking soda together into a bowl.
- 3 Mix soy milk and vinegar together in a small bowl. Let stand until curdled.
- 4 Beat coconut oil in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until creamy. Add sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium-low and beat in eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Stir in soy milk and vanilla on low speed. Add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing on low speed until batter is smooth.
- 5 Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack on its side and cool for about 10 minutes.
- 7 Combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and lemon juice in a small bowl to make glaze. Add more sugar or milk to reach the desired consistency.
- 8 Remove cake from the loaf pan. Drizzle glaze on top. Sprinkle coconut flakes evenly over the top.
- Calories 397.9
- Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Cholesterol 56 mg
- Fat 14.6 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Sodium 45.7 mg
- Sugar 38.3 g