Pounded, Parmesan-breaded chicken with a Dijon-sherry sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/8-inch thick
- 1 Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- 2 Mix egg and water together in a wide bowl. Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a separate bowl.
- 3 Melt butter with sherry, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 4 Dip chicken breasts into the beaten egg to coat. Press the dipped breasts into bread crumbs and gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven't stuck can fall away. Arrange onto the prepared sheet. Drizzle sherry-Dijon sauce over the breaded chicken breasts.
- 5 Bake on a rack in the top third of the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Calories 560.9
- Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 229.2 mg
- Fat 29.1 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Sodium 746 mg
- Sugar 2.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.