This is a great cake for parties, gatherings, etc. I always get numerous requests for the recipe. Easy to make!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coffee flavored liqueur
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan.
- 2 Combine cake mix, eggs, coffee liqueur and oil in large bowl and mix on medium speed for approximately 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 25 minutes (may vary). Done when cake springs back to the touch or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside on cooling rack.
- 4 To make pralines: combine butter and brown sugar in small saucepan. Heat on medium to medium high, stirring constantly. Bring to boil for 2 minutes, again stirring constantly. Pour in pecans and remove from heat. Stir, then immediately pour pralines over cake. Cool cake in refrigerator.
- 5 To make frosting: combine pudding mix, milk, cream cheese, and nondairy whipped topping, and beat with electric mixer until well mixed. Spread on cake. Ready to serve!
- Calories 570.5
- Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Fat 36.4 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Sodium 406.3 mg
- Sugar 42.4 g