- Published Jan 16th
- Ready In55m
Pretty Darn Quick Potato Gratin Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pretty Darn Quick Potato Gratin for 6 servings:
- 4 ounces Gruyère or Comté cheese
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and very finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
Pretty Darn Quick Potato Gratin Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Pretty Darn Quick Potato Gratin, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Pretty Darn Quick Potato Gratin is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Pretty Darn Quick Potato Gratin within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Pretty Darn Quick Potato Gratin easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- 2 Fit a food processor with shredding disk and use it to shred cheese. Transfer to a small bowl. Fit processor with slicing disk and use it to slice potatoes.
- 3 Put potatoes in a large saucepan with half-and-half, garlic, salt, and nutmeg; stir gently to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook at a gentle boil, stirring often with a heat-safe spatula to prevent sticking, until half-and-half has reduced and thickly coats potatoes, about 8 minutes.
- 4 Spoon into prepared baking dish. Smooth top and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife and top is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 255 calories; 13.3 grams of fat; 25 grams of carbohydrates; 10 grams of protein; 43 milligrams of cholesterol; 386 milligrams of sodium.