Put bratwurst slices in the middle of pretzel bites to create a new and delicious snack made easy with pizza dough. Serve with mustard.
- 6 cups water
- ⅓ cup baking soda
- 1 (13.8 ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 12 links smoked bratwurst
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with foil.
- 2 Stir together water and baking soda in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- 3 Meanwhile, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 10x12-inch rectangle. Cut dough into twelve 1-inch strips. Wrap each strip tightly around a bratwurst in a spiral, pinching edges to seal and leaving about 1/2 inch of bratwurst peeking out of each end.
- 4 Add 3 wrapped bratwurst at a time to the boiling water. Boil for about 30 seconds. Transfer bratwurst to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining wrapped bratwurst.
- 5 Bake bratwursts until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cut each bratwurst crosswise into thirds. Serve with mustard.
- Calories 122.9
- Carbohydrate 6 g
- Cholesterol 21 mg
- Fat 8.6 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Sodium 877.3 mg
- Sugar 0.6 g