- Published May 13th
- Ready In45m
Puerto Rican Meat Patties Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Puerto Rican Meat Patties for 8 servings:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
Puerto Rican Meat Patties Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Puerto Rican Meat Patties, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Puerto Rican Meat Patties is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Puerto Rican Meat Patties within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Puerto Rican Meat Patties easily:
- 1 In a large, heavy saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped garlic, onions, and bell pepper; saute until soft.
- 2 Add meat; cook and stir until browned. Drain off excess fat. Stir in tomato sauce and cilantro. Simmer until cilantro wilts. Remove from heat, and cool until mixture can be handled.
- 3 Wrap 2 to 3 tablespoons of meat in an egg roll wrapper to form a triangle. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 4 Heat vegetable oil in a wok or deep fry pan to 360 degrees F (168 degrees C). Fry patties in hot oil until golden brown. When done, transfer to plates lined with paper towels to drain.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 522 calories; 34.7 grams of fat; 36.7 grams of carbohydrates; 15.9 grams of protein; 40 milligrams of cholesterol; 505 milligrams of sodium.