Puffed corn can be found in the potato chip aisle of your grocery store. This is a great caramel corn without hulls or unpopped kernels. Warning: you need to make a double batch of this because it doesn’t last long, at least not in my house. Very addicting. Love it!
- 1 (8 ounce) bag corn puffs (such as O-Ke-Doke®)
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- 2 Combine corn puffs and peanuts in a large roasting pan.
- 3 Bring butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup to a boil in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda until mixture foams up. Pour over corn-peanut mixture and toss well using rubber spatulas.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until a cooled piece of corn is crunchy, about 45 minutes.
- 5 Spread on waxed paper to cool. Break apart and transfer to an airtight container.
- Calories 631.3
- Carbohydrate 62 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Fat 42.2 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Sodium 787.5 mg
- Sugar 33.7 g