These moist golden orange muffins pair equally well with jam at breakfast or with soups and savory main dishes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- 2 In a large bowl, stir flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and make a well in the center. In a small bowl, stir together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, and oil.
- 3 Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Stir just until blended; do not over mix. Fold in pecans. Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin tin cups.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Calories 227.6
- Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 31 mg
- Fat 12.3 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Sodium 195.1 mg
- Sugar 10.2 g