- Published Aug 6th
A wonderful cakelike pumpkin cookie that fills your kitchen with a heavenly smell and uses up leftover pumpkin.
Pumpkin Raisin Cookies Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Pumpkin Raisin Cookies for 6 servings:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pumpkin Raisin Cookies Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Pumpkin Raisin Cookies easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- 2 In a medium bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until smooth. Add the egg, and vanilla; mix until fluffy. Stir in the pumpkin. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon; stir into the pumpkin mixture. Finally, stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- 3 Drop cookie dough by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, cookies should be light brown around the edges. Brush with the spice glaze, and transfer to racks to cool.
- 4 To make the spice glaze, mix confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons of warm water until there are no more lumps. Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. If the glaze is too thick, add a little more water.
Per Serving: 688 calories; 25 grams of fat; 112.6 grams of carbohydrates; 8.1 grams of protein; 31 milligrams of cholesterol; 432 milligrams of sodium.